Looking for a new addition to your essential oil collection? Lemongrass is the perfect place to start. doTERRA partners with family farmers in Southern India to obtain this smoky, citrus essential oil that offers a variety of benefits to the user.
For years, lemongrass has been used in Asian cuisine for soups, teas, curries, and seafood. Lemongrass instantly takes me back to Thailand and the delicious meals I was fortunate to enjoy over there.
Lemongrass essential oil is a favorite for massage, offers purifying benefits for the skin, and promotes a positive outlook. It can also support healthy digestion when used internally.*
Whether applied topically, used aromatically, or taken internally, the uses and benefits ofnbsp;Lemongrass oilnbsp;are widely diverse.
Top Ten Uses for Lemongrass Essential Oil:
1. Lemongrass has wonderful skin regeneration properties. It can be added to shampoos, conditioners, deodorants and lotions.
2. To help soothe sore joints or muscles. Combine equal parts Fractionated Coconut oil (or another carrier oil) and Lemongrass and rub topically on the area of concern. (Add Frankincense and Marjoram for a more powerful combination!)
3. It is a natural bug repellent for insects like mosquitoes and ants. It can be sprayed, diluted in a carrier oil, directly on the skin. It can even be used to control fleas; add about 5 drops to water and create your own spray to protect your pet’s coat.
4. It supports healthy thyroid function. Mix 1-2 drops with a carrier oil and apply topically over your neck area.
5. It can be used in your household products. Try putting a few drops on a dust cloth and then wipe down the wood in your house.
6. Use to flavor your favorite Asian inspired dishes. Check out the doTERRA ebook for Cooking with Essential Oils here!
7. It can be used to detoxify your body. Make your own detoxifying lemongrass tea by adding 2-3 drops to your favorite tea.
8. You can make a refreshing foot bath by adding 2 drops of Lemongrass Oil and 2 tablespoons of Epsom salts to warm water, and soak your feet for 10 minutes.
9. Lemongrass oil is a valuable oil to use in aromatherapy. Its clean and calming aroma can reduce sad and anxious feelings, relieve restlessness and occasional sleeplessness, and helps you to relax. Try adding 3-4 drops to your diffuser and diffuse for one hour before bedtime.
10. Diffuse when you need to go on a cleaning tear. It's great for energetic and emotional cleansing purposes.
What are Lemongrass’s cautions?
If you have sensitive skin, it may create a rash if undiluted so dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil . It is not recommended for children or nursing mothers. Because lemongrass can stimulate blood flow, pregnant women should use extreme caution.
Check out this guide on Oil Safety to include info about dilution and carrier oils.
What's your favorite use for Lemongrass? I’d love to hear how you are using yours!
If you already are a current doTERRA Wholesale Customer, simply order at a discount through your account. If you are new to doTERRA you can BROWSE and SHOP STARTER KITS HERE or reach out if you would like some guidance.
With joy, Emily xoxo
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.